Supporting people affected by cancer in their social and professional life
Romanian Association for Services and Communication in Oncology
The Romanian Association for Services and Communication in Oncology - APSCO is a non-profit association whose goal is informing and
changing patients and societies’ mentality regarding cancer diagnosis, physical and mental rehabilitation of cancer
patients, promoting and implementing their rights, psychosocial cancer care for patients and their families,
as well as giving support to medical staff in order to provide complex and complete services which contribute
to quality of life improvement.
The objectives falling under APSCO’s goal include:
- setting up groups of physical, mental rehabilitation and counseling/vocational (re)orientation for patients;
- organizing trainings (communication, research and psychosocial intervention);
- credentials for medical and social services;
- contributing to the development of psychosocial care research in oncology by creating research programs and studies;
- promoting trainings and professional development for members of the association, organizing seminars, symposiums, confeconferences, meetings, debates and supporting the participation at similar manifestations carried out by other organizations;
- attracting financing from public, private and European funds;
- promoting collaborations in the scientific and professional fields with public institutions, foundations and associations with similar activity nationally and abroad (for example, affiliation with the national network “Together for breast health”).
In 2015 the APSCO received approval for partnership with the Faculty of Sociology and Social Work of „Babeş-Bolyai” University from Cluj – Napoca, Romania, having in mind the following issues:
- contribution to the development of scientific and material support;
- promoting and sustaining education in the field of medical social work within the Faculty of Sociology and Social Work;
- providing the faculty’s students with a proper structure for carrying out volunteer activities and practices in the field of oncology related social work and care;
- creating publications and scientific handbooks regarding the objectives within the association;
- enhancing the excellency status of the university in research.
APSCO is representing cancer patients as a permanent member of the Ethics Committee
at the Institute of Oncology “Prof. Dr. Al. Trestioreanu” in Bucharest, Romania. APSCO is also representing cancer
patients as an alternate member of the Ethics Committee at the County Clinical Emergency Hospital of Cluj-Napoca,
In 2016 APSCO became the official brand for research, communication and services in oncology in Romania.
State Office for Inventions and Trademarks – OSIM granted us this title.
We are so grateful for every step we take forward to empowerment of psychosocial oncology in
Privacy & Terms
Our services include specialized information giving about current activities of prevention and therapy and referral to them; we DO NOT provide...
see more.. mai mult..
This project was funded by the European Commission. This publication reflects only the views of the authors, and the Commission is not responsible for any use of the information contained in the project.